lauantai 11. lokakuuta 2014

I remember how I went to a loud concert when I was 17. After that I realized that my ears had started ringing. The ringing felt like the end of the world. For a week I was almost suicidal.

Then one day I simply thought: Okay. I have tinnitus. The sound is there and it's never going to go away. The sound is a fact. But there's no reason why it should be a bad thing.

And then I just never thought about it again. It is a neutral fact.

For years I didn't even hear it. I'm simply not afraid of the sound anymore and therefore not listening to it. It recently got worse and then I heard it for one evening, but then I forgot about it again and it virtually disappeared.

This is my greatest success story so far. I want to be able to look at everything I cannot change like this. As neutral facts that are not scary. Someday I'll get there.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti