tiistai 11. helmikuuta 2014

I'll be your Neal Cassady


I was watching a documentary about the Beat Generation when I realized that my heart was beating very fast.

Like it wanted to tell me something.


Most people never burn. Maybe once every ten years. Most people never try and really burn, burn, burn. Not once in their lives. It's difficult to find people as interesting as me in this world. (This is a fact.) But what about the worlds that came before this one? What about the 40's, 50's, 60's? I think Interesting was a thing just as rare back then as it is now.

Jack Kerouac and the gang were interesting souls. Genuinely interesting souls. That's a very good way to exist. Now that you're alive, you shouldn't ignore the fire inside you, because it's there; you shouldn't stop dancing only because The Normal People (at least 95 % of the population) will look at you like you're crazy.

I don't know if I'd get along with the Beats. They were artists, I'm not sure if I am. Their beat was jazz, mine is indie. Punk. Morrissey. Something like that.

Once again I understand that if somebody's gonna make it, it's gonna be gonna be me.

Anyway, thank you for burning.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti