keskiviikko 5. maaliskuuta 2014

Richard Dawkins on factory farming


"I am not a vegetarian. I would like to be a vegetarian. I would like everybody to be a vegetarian... In 100 or 200 years time, we may look back on the way we treated animals today as something like we today look back on the way our forefathers treated slaves."

- Richard Dawkins.



Replace '100 or 200' with 60 or 100, and vegetarianism with lab-grown meat, and he is right.



Richard Dawkins was one of my first idols. I identified with him very strongly when I was about 14 or 15. I always liked how he was totally intelligent, completely rational, yet not a psychopath. I still like the same things about him. He has a good brain, but he also has a good heart.

Richard Dawkins still feels like a relative to me. Or like an old family friend or something. Like he's always been there.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti