lauantai 9. maaliskuuta 2013

Music inside literature

One of the new things I want to try with my books is to make MUSIC an important part of the story. I hope that one day, hopefully soon, a writer is able to put good songs into his/her (e-)book the same way I'm able to link YouTube videos into these blog posts; that one day a song will be a concrete part of a book, so that the reader only has to press a button and the music starts playing (in the reader's headphones or whatever, depends on the way you're reading the book and the place where you're doing this and shit and yeah).

I mean a bit like this (minus the picture):


CHAPTER 14



Farry Fotter woke up to a terrible feeling; his head was exploding, it really was, it really was, and he had some fresh vomit in his mouth, and he smelled worse than the worst of Fonald Feasley's farts; Oh crap, Farry said to himself, I really need to go and get my daily dose...



Ignore that. That was stupid. But anyway:


The thing I've always hated about writing books is that you can't attach music into them. But this way books could take a marvelous step towards movies. Writers would be recognizable not only for what they've written but also for the kind of music they're recommending; there'd be hip hop writers, hard rock writers, indie pop writers, techno writers... The list goes on. It would cost the publisher some money, but I believe it would also improve the sales of the book. I mean if the music wouldn't suck. You know. And stuff like that.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Why not just writers? Writers as god-like youths who burn with their typewriters trough the mornings of these solitary streets, filled with explosive, red, roaring sunlight. I think that would be something indeed.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Well that sounds absolutely fantastic. THAT with a soundtrack would be perfection.

      Go for it.

      Poista