perjantai 28. joulukuuta 2012

So long

I'm a poet. It works now. You'll remember my name. I just don't know which one yet.

The person I used to be is standing two steps behind me. And he doesn't recognize me at all. Neither do the people I used to go to school with. Some time ago, I went and wandered the hallways of a building that used to be my school. I saw a lot of people that I used to know, but they didn't even look at me. The ones who did look at me, didn't know it was me. I've changed a lot, and I had a hood over my head. I stared at all those people, thinking, remember when you talked to me once? remember when I almost smiled with you once? remember when you imitated me maliciously? remember when you shoved me against the wall without even noticing that you'd shoved be against the wall? remember when we were teenage atheists together for that one lesson?

The only person who saw me that day was the only one in that school who ever was loyal to me. There used to be all these people that I wanted to like me, but they never liked the person I was, because I never showed them who I was. And all that time I treated this girl like shit, because I thought she was a loser, and being a loser was the thing I feared more than anything else.

But this time I hugged her. I hope she understood all the things I couldn't bring myself to say.

I'm so sorry. I wish you luck. Maybe we'll meet again.








When I die, I want a tombstone that says So long.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti