keskiviikko 14. elokuuta 2013

You have to go somewhere else

I accidentally ended up looking at the Facebook profiles of some of my former 'schoolmates' and once again I realized how much I hate them and the whole school I used to go to. And this time I'm not talking about my years in secondary school, those years were an understandable nightmare --- this time I'm talking about the high school I entered in 2010 and left after less than a year. What I hate about that school specifically is that I EXPECTED MORE from it. It was supposed to be something more. The whole point of that place was to be something new and interesting. They actually promised me that it would be something good. A new start. It was supposed to be the school where I could finally find interesting people, intelligent people, different people. It was supposed to be SOMETHING BETTER.

It wasn't. The whole school was full of vile idiots and pretty phonies. I hated it. I absolutely hated it. At the end of my time there I didn't want to have anything to do with it anymore. It's been a lot more than 2 years since I walked out, but I still hate seeing those people on the streets or sometimes on TV. I quite often find myself daydreaming about entering the school building on the first day of a new school year and leaving little notes and warnings here and there --- something like this: You've been told that this school will be the right place for you. You're expecting it to be something interesting. You've been told that you will find kindred spirits. These are all lies. If you're someone like me, to get a new start you have to go somewhere else. You have to go somewhere else. I'm sorry, I'm so goddamn sorry, but you have to leave this place behind and run before the disappointment destroys you.

1 kommentti: