maanantai 1. heinäkuuta 2013

I wish I was a hero, and maybe I am

I watched a movie called Boys Don't Cry.

I am so sorry.


I am so very sorry, Brandon Teena. I'd like to meet you and kill the people that killed you. I'm so sorry.

If somebody can watch that movie and not feel an urgent need to destroy the people that destroyed Brandon... I don't know. They're evil.

And that fucking police officer. That fucking police officer.

Is this how "men" are?

Is this how "men" are?

Is this how "men" are.

Then I don't want to be a man.

Or... maybe the whole word should be stolen from people like that. Maybe 'man' could start meaning something beautiful. Something better.

________________

P!nk is my mom's favourite singer. A couple of years ago my mom was standing in a stupid little tourist shop, looking for sun glasses on a ferry to Stockholm, crossing the Baltic Sea, and suddenly she had to stop and listen carefully to the song that was playing in the stereos. The song was 'I Don't Believe You' by Pink. Mom told me she almost burst into tears.

I like the fact that mom likes Pink. Pink is a good, gentle, wise, loving person. If my mom suddenly announced that her favourite artist is Kanye West, I'd be very worried.

Because Kanye West is a horrible person. He doesn't make you feel anything real. Except disgust and tiredness. But Pink will sing and make things happen in your heart, because she has a soul, and having a soul is a very difficult thing to do these days.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti