torstai 19. joulukuuta 2013

#shame-based flashbacks

When I think of certain things that I've done in my life, my head almost explodes and I literally start to scream out of shame. (What a weird image.)

(It looks like this:)



(or it would if I looked like that.)

There are things that most people would find embarrassing but I don't. To me, it's not painful at all to dance alone on the streets.

But lately I've been remembering all these moments when I've tried to be something that I'm not - and I can't stop thinking that it must have been obvious to everybody around me.

And all these moments when I've opened my soul when I should've just shut up.

But in the end, all these moments are important. Without them, I would be less human. I'd have less to say. Being a writer, being a good writer, is about being able to set the shame aside - or maybe not, maybe it's about using the shame, owning it, turning it into something powerful.

This doesn't change the fact that it still sucks.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti