lauantai 28. maaliskuuta 2015

Let me in

Davey Havok is everything I'm looking for in a man. Unfortunately it seems that I'm not looking for a man at the moment. Am I even looking for a woman? I don't know, I'll probably never have a girlfriend. Or a husband.

When it comes to this writing books thing, I don't need to (I don't want to) reach everybody. Reaching one kid in every classroom would be more than enough. Maybe you know what kind of kids I'm talking about... Sweet baby Jesus, how many classrooms are there in the world? That's a lot of classrooms. So many classrooms that I'm clearly insane, but maybe it can be done.



I'm not sure why and how it happened, but that song, Balcony doors by Jo Rose, was the most important song in my life in the summer of 2012.

I was battling hopelessness at the time and I felt painfully lonely in the world, and somehow Balcony doors and some other songs by Jo Rose... I don't know, they made me feel a little less alone. To me, they felt almost holy. The funny thing is that Jo Rose is certainly not a huge mainstream artist whom everybody knows or whom I should know about. Actually, in 2012, that little live performance with 3000 views was the only version I could find of Balcony doors. And then I YouTube-to-mp3'd it and... well. Calling this 'genius' would be an understatement, because 'genius' sounds so cold and mechanical and these things are something more than that... Ah, I don't know.

Sometimes, suddenly, very random things become very important.

Actually, when I think about it, it's nearly always the very random things that become the most important things.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti