sunnuntai 3. marraskuuta 2013

Karl Ove Knausgård



A month or two ago I bought the First Book in the series of autobiographical novels by Norwegian writer Karl Ove Knausgård. I don't know why I bought it. I was walking around in a bookstore and I just ended up doing it.

I've read 2/3 of the book. It's a long book and for some reason, most days I don't want to touch it. I don't know if I like it. The most important thing is that you certainly FEEL something when you read it. There are good parts. There are very good parts that make you feel that this is something truly important, something true and brilliant.

At the same time I'm a bit annoyed by Karl Ove Knausgård. He looks annoying. I'm annoyed by the thought of him sitting down and writing 6 Bibles about his ordinary life. Also, some of the things he says are annoying. For me, it was a real turn-off when he referred to his cat as 'just a cat'.

Turns out Knausgård is really hot in the literary circles (of the world) at the moment. People outside the literary circles are reading his books a lot too. Apparently many female readers are saying that by reading Knausgård they've finally got the chance to 'understand boys and men'. When people write or talk about Knausgård, they always say that Knausgård's writing is very MASCULINE.

Why? Because he has a beard?

Anyway, it's good that he wrote this.

1 kommentti: